Thread adapter to adapt different standards of gas cylinder valves.
The connections, of the outlet connection for gas cylinder valves is regulated worldwide in different standards. For Germany and EU the standards DIN 477, DIN EN 144 and DIN EN ISO 12209 are valid. In addition, there are the individual standards for cylinder neck threads DIN EN ISO 11363-1 and DIN EN ISO 15245-1 and national standards of the respective country.
The gas cylinder valves are designated in the standard according to different gas cylinder connection threads. The most important types of threads for gases and compressed air are 200bar (pressure rating 250bar) and 300bar (pressure rating 350bar)
- Connection threads 200bar operating pressure are the most used gases
- Compressed air / compressed air 200bar: Internal thread G5/8"
- Oxygen 200bar: External thread G3/4" (from the manufacturer Dräger is also used M24) (As well as use specific thread)
- Inert gases, carbonic acid and all welding gases 200bar: External thread W21.8
- Nitrogen: external thread W24
to name a few.
These threads are all inch threads with 55° flank angle. Metric threads e.g. M10 have 60° flank angle, in addition there are UNF threads and special forms. The sealing surfaces of the adapters are manufactured according to the DIN standards, so that these are compatible with the products offered in the trade. The corresponding accessories, O-rings and sealing elements are standard parts that can also be found in our product catalog.
Connection thread 300bar operating pressure
- Compressed air / compressed air 300bar: Internal thread G5/8" and external thread W30
- All other gases have a W30x2 male thread with coding over the center pin.
- Two graduations with different dimensions. The diameters a and b are varied
Connections of the most important technical gases abroad
- Oxygen 200bar - W21.8-1/14 or also W21.7-1/14 male thread, France G5/8" female thread Bullnoise sealed
- Oxygen 300bar - W30x2 mm male thread
- Compressed air / Compressed air 200bar - G5/8" female thread 15 mm deep and NT connection / U-bolt connection
- Industrial compressed air / Compressed air 300bar - W30x2 mm male thread
- Breathing air / breathing protection Compressed air / compressed air 300bar - G5/8" female thread 23 mm deep, with relief hole
- Inert gases, helium, argon, carbonic acid and all technical gases for welding are different in each country and should be asked for when traveling on vacation.
- Inert gases 300bar W30x2 mm male thread, coded via center pin
In diving, gases that do not participate in metabolism are called inert gases. Inert gases such as nitrogen dissolve when the pressure is increased and are released again when the pressure is reduced. The term technical gases or medical gases distinguishes them according to their application. In the case of medical gases, which are covered by the German Medicines Act, package inserts are enclosed with the cylinders.
Thread adapters material and use
The adapters from our production are mainly made of brass and the surface is nickel-plated. Brass, from this material also valves of the bottles and fittings (pressure reducers) are predominantly used. For technical applications, the adapters are also available in raw brass. The data of the individual adapters, please refer to the description of the products. Offers can be found in our online store.
The corresponding categories in our online store are structured according to the pressure levels. Adapter 200bar to 200bar, 300bar to 300bar or 300bar to 200bar.
The use of the thread adapters, is according to the used gases, only by expert personnel to make. For the production of breathing gases by means of the partial pressure procedure many training courses are offered on-line. For designers working in CAD systems, data can be requested.
We are happy to help you find the adapter you need, just give us a call.